I've been really busy with work,therefore neglecting this little space of mine, be it facebook.Had the time today so i tried cooking Prawn Noodles for the family and relatives. Well, first time, turned out a success *self praise* Mwhahah. . I'll just summarize what i did here now. My bad i did not measure the amount of ingredients i used so i can't put it down sorry :p But it depends on how many portions you are cooking for just estimate,not that hard!
Everything im gna mention is what i did to achieve the end product. There are many other ways to do it too!
What you need
Prawns-deveined,shell off,used for stock making.(I used 1kg of prawns)
Ikan Billis (dried anchovies)
1 star anise
dark/light soy sauce
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1) Pre blanched Pork ribs set aside to remove impurities.Also shell prawns with tail remained intact.Keep shells.
2)In a stock pot, heat oil, stir fry shallots,add prawn-shells .Fry till shells are deep orange or when fragrant.Add brown sugar and dried anchovies and continue frying for the next 4mins,or till fragrant.
3)Add, garlic lastly, & continue stir frying for about another 3 mins.
4) Add water to the mixture in the pot, bring it up to a full boil,add in star anise, peppercorns & dark soy sauce.Mix all ingredients well during boiling period.Add pork in to simmer together.
5) Turn fire down to let it simmer for the next two hours or so, or as long as you wish. I did mine for 2 hours.
6) bring it back to a harsh boil if you want to end the process of simmering for about 5 mins.
7) Filter out every shells and anchovies to make soup clear about 10 mins before serving.
8) In another pot of boiling water, blanched yellow noodles, kangkong ,prawns and beans sprouts.
9) Add soup, serve.
Last picture for your viewing pleasure :p hahaha
And look, the new trailer for bosses say is out. So stay tune for the full episode releasing tomorrow,17 June 2013 on youtube!
Heres the trailer!
You can head to my faceook page -http://www.facebook.com/whuttheshit
Or NIght Owl cinematics on youtube to watch it!